Sunday 18 December 2011

Feeding Baby Ball Pythons

Had to feed all of the baby Ball Pythons tonight, all ate apart from the Albino male, Albino female and the Yellowbelly female. The Leopard het Pied female ate for the first time tonight (only had her a week). The Fire het Pied female hasn't missed a feed yet, neither has the male and female Pieds so I'm really pleased with their progress. On a different note, the new snake room is all but done now, just the built in vivariums to build in situ and then the room will be complete. This will free up alot of room in the Breeding room, which will allow for more breeding racks and breeding animals.
On the lock up front the male Spider is currently locked with the 50% het Pied, the Nerd Line Lemon Pastel male is locked up with another 50% het Pied. The 100% het Granite Spotted Pythons have been breeding over the last couple of days, the first time this season. The Jungle Carpet Pythons are together but I haven't witnessed any locks yet this season, but saying that I only witnessed one lock last season and I ended up with the female laying a beautiful clutch of eighteen eggs, of which seventeen babies hatched (one poor little snake didn't make it out of the egg but did go full term).
With the Corn Snakes, I have paired a Hypo, Stripe, Motley male to an Anery het Motley female and a Hypo, Motley Butter female, I know I'm going to get some gorgeous babies from these pairings. I can't wait to start getting clutches from this season and it's so frustrating having fifteen new Ball Python morphs as babies, I'm going to have a long wait until I can get them breeding but I feel it will definately be worth the investment of both time and money once they start producing clutches for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment